• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idle........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gruvin2

My SETI Spy is going idle. I see SETI Driver still crunching but SETISpy says its idle. I've come to the conclusion if my Rig has a high OC then it may have some instability. Will this cause SETI to Idle one process, or am i overanalyzing things. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

That happens to me sometimes, but when I look in my task manager process tab my Explorer is using all of my resources. I just close explorer, reopen it in the applications tab and turn seti back on. I don't know if that's your problem though.

rugbyroy- I have done exactly as you said prior and it works but only for a short time.

Steven4563- I thought that may be the case, but it is simply going idle while i'm web browsing..in fact it just went idle while posting this reply. I think i need to make sure this OC is stable perhaps. I have it set to chekc if idle every 1 min and restart if so...no luck.

Maybe try reinstalling seti altogether. You might have some corrupted files or something that are screwing everything up. It doesn't take too long so it's worth a try.

Well my OC is stable prime95/torture test too. Seems SETISpy loads this one WU and goes idle. It hasn't changed from 53.21%, but SETIDriver is still running 2 processes. Sooooo should i try to locate that one folder and delete it or reinstall the CLC and see if that fixes it?

Back