• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who has put a dehumidifier on their water cooling setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

who has put a dehumidifier on their water cooling setup? i was told by "jimstandard" that rotor has done it, so i wanna kno the cpu temp for this setup.
thanks

if you chilled your liquid (like outside in winter, or in a refrigerator), couldn't you prevent condensation by using a dehumidifyer? or would it not do enough to prevent it?

That might help.. but I don;t know that I would trust it and I don't think that is what he was talking about... unless he left a lot out :p

yeah, i really don't think it would be able to prevent condensation. thats just what i thought when i read the post

Bladerunner posted this in another thread:

condensationchart.gif

So, depending on how cold it is, and how humid your room is, a dehumidifier might be able to lower the humidity to prevent condensation.

here is some linkage, for those not yet able to think "outside the box" :D:D

the coldest I ever got, running a pII 333 at 575Mhz with a Chiller like this and a frost74 Peltier (this was a long time ago)

It got me to -49ºC full load.

he wanted to chill the water with the cold side of the dehumidifier,

temps id guess with just the chiller would be low single didgits celcius

Thats a deghumidifier? How do they work? (my guess would be cool the air and spit it back out maybe after heating it back up away from the water it dropped?)

Looks kinda like an AC unit.

A dehumidifier is just like a refrigerator how it works, how its used is a tad different though, its used to condence water out of the air instead of cooling something. but you can very well use it to cool something.

Jon

a lot cheaper yes, but also, not as powerfull a the average AC unit.
What makes them better for the job, is the relative ease with which
such a unit can be forces into submission and in doing so, making it do what you want it to do.... :D
as can be seen in the how-to that got linked to so shamelissly TA.... :)

Back