• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-97 Review?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjmnam

is overclockers.com going to do a review on the SP-97? i know they did one on the SP-94 for Intel chips. I was just wondering what kind of performance it would have on an AMD chip.

When I get mine, some time this week, I'll do a nice well-written review. I am on a stock heatsink with the thermal pad, it's going to be a 97 with some Ceramique, so it should help some. I don't work for the site, though. :)

I just installed a SP-97 w/Panaflo 92mm M1B on my NF7 Abit. It idles around 35C and 42C 100% load.

I am thinking to put a 80mm Panflow L1A or something a little more quite. 30dBA is still a bit noisy for me.

I installed a SP-97 with a 92mm Panaflo M1A Fan (BX) w/ RPM Sensor on a 2500+ (stock speed) and A7N8X Deluxe with ceramique 2 weeks ago .

Before with a stock 2500+ heatsink
Idle: 25 Diode 16 Case
Load: 40 Diode 16 Case

After (right after installation)
Idle: 20 Diode 16 Case
Load: 30 Diode 16 Case

Today (after ceramique thermal cycles)
Idle: 16 Diode 13 Case
Load: 23 Diode 13 Case

As you can see the SP-97 heatsink is way better than the stock heatsink I had on (the AMD heatsink for my 2500+ had a copper base screwed into an aluminum heatsink). The only thing bad about the SP-97 is its base. You can see the machine swirls, even so the above temps were obtained without lapping.

Yup, I'm looking at the mbm temps right now:

25 Socket
23 Diode
14 Case

My ambient room temp is pretty low though ;)

yea, that's all well and good. but i really like the way overclockers.com does their reviews, with the diode simulator and all. the C/W gives me perspective when viewing a heatsink.

Back