• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

StarStorm drivers. To use with GF4 4200 or not ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates.
I would like to know if you recommend this drivers or not ? They would be on my sisters rig

P4 [email protected]
GF4 4200 128MB

I think she has some old Omegas (44 series I think).
So would she see any improvement in IQ and/or speed if I changed drivers ?
She plays only NWN + exp and will play KOTOR eventually ( even URU Myst and Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon ) and is crazy about small details/textures on walls and ground, weapons, shields and stuff ( she sees things that only developers know about I'm sure )

So I would like to enhance enjoyment as much as possible ( better IQ and performance ) that's why I build her that rig :cool:
Other than that she just check her mail and of course Fold =)

So any ides ? Thank you for your time!

Omegas are better than Starstorms. Best Omega for that card is 14345. For high details etc. choose "Quality" while installing (it's the default anyway).

BTW these starstorms suck. I've had one that forced AF off so you could get high Aquamark3 results (AM3 has 4xAF enabled by default), another one had insane texture aliasing. Nothing beats the Omegas!

resonatorman said:
BTW these starstorms suck. I've had one that forced AF off so you could get high Aquamark3 results (AM3 has 4xAF enabled by default), another one had insane texture aliasing. Nothing beats the Omegas!

Maybe that's why I've never heard of them ;)

Back