• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800xt BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

i have a 9800pro, and was wondering if there was any difference between the bios files of the XT and the pro. would any of us 9800pro users benefit from an XT bios? just curious

yeah I have the same question, does upgradin to 9800xt bios means just a change of clock speed (excludin functions only avai to 9800xt)?

The 9800xt has no functions exclusive to it; it's just an overclocked 9800 pro.

If the xt has more lax timings on the memory, then getting an xt bios will help you overclock your memory higher at the cost of performance; that's why many people with 9800nps flash pro BIOSes.

Otherwise, it'll just overclock your pro to xt speeds, which is useless.

Posted by Damian
The 9800xt has no functions exclusive to it

I though that the 9800XT came with the OverDrive feature which would be enabled after the 3.10 drivers were introduced? Did they never actually bother to include that feature?

i have the option for OverDrive on the disk that came with my 98xt and its also in the 3.9s

yes, from everything that i have heard and investigated about the xt cards they are nothing more than pros with a few extra mhz on them from the factory. what iwas wondering was kinda if the bios would...make overclocking easier, be configured with overclocking in mind.

Back