• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MP3 player, but storge all so.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

So what do yo have?
Did you know apple might come out with a larger I-POD.
And a cheeper smaller one,and a PDA- I-POD.
So far there is 10/20/40gig.

I first got a a 2nd gen Ipod (20GB) and my wife used it so much that I ended up getting a 3rd gen (slim) Ipod with 10GB for her. I have played with all other MP3 players at stores in the past and there is nothing as good as the Ipod - the Ipod totally rules !!!

Yes, it is not cheap, but it works very well and the sound quality is outstanding. I even got an adapter that allows me to use my Ipod through the CD-changer port in my car (none of that cassette or FM adapter crap!). It sounds beautiful in my cars' upgraded stereo :)

I talked to my apple rep. There is some cool stuff coming down the road.

If you are going to be doing a lot of movement while listening to the player, go flash based. A Creative MuVo NX would probably be your best bet, then. I have an original 64MB MuVo, and it works great as a memory stick, too. No drivers needed unless its Windows 98.

If you want a hard drive player for space, and don't want to spend the insane price for an iPod, I've read the Nomad Zen NXs are great, along with the Rio Nitrus (or maybe its Karma. One of those 2 has a small <5 gig drive, the other is big.) Apparently the Dell jukebox is nice, too, according to someone I chat with.

ZGOZZ,

Yes, I just read something about that this morning. There is even some talk about Apple introducing a "sub $200" version of the Ipod with something less than 5 Gigs of space. If you can wait, just hang in there for a little bit more to see what is Apple coming up with shortly :)

wquiles said:
ZGOZZ,

Yes, I just read something about that this morning. There is even some talk about Apple introducing a "sub $200" version of the Ipod with something less than 5 Gigs of space. If you can wait, just hang in there for a little bit more to see what is Apple coming up with shortly :)

I am sitting tight.

wquiles said:
ZGOZZ,

I read that too but from another site that Apple is coming out wth the $200 iPod. But I don't know how many Gigs are they aiming at.

The rio karma 20 is one bad *** player. Its can double as a portable hard drive, it just doesn't do it that well. You need to use the Rio Taxi program in order to transfer files other than MP3/WMA/OGG.

The price on the karma is getting incredibly low. I saw a deal yesterday on techbargains.com for 249 After Rebate & Coupon Code.

jspam said:
The rio karma 20 is one bad *** player. Its can double as a portable hard drive, it just doesn't do it that well. You need to use the Rio Taxi program in order to transfer files other than MP3/WMA/OGG.

The price on the karma is getting incredibly low. I saw a deal yesterday on techbargains.com for 249 After Rebate & Coupon Code.
I will look into this one 2.

Out off the apple Press.
New mini 4.5 gig the MP3 player is small as a credit card.

10 gig are gone 15 takes there place 20 40 stay.
I will have pics soon.

index_headerfamily01062004.jpg

Did you guys notice how Apple says that the new "mini" Ipod can handle 1000 songs but nowhere to be found is the actual memory size/capacity? Very suspicious - is that 1000 songs at 64Kbit/s? What format/compression?

EDIT: Never mind - found it. The new unit has a 4GB capacity hard drive according to this page:
http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

ZGOZZ said:

wow those look nice, are those the new slim ones that are cheap? i like the silver and blue one, the rest look too much like some of the old macs with their weird colors and all(girly)

dalilman52 said:

wow those look nice, are those the new slim ones that are cheap? i like the silver and blue one, the rest look too much like some of the old macs with their weird colors and all(girly)
There not cheep.
275 bucks for 4.5 gig drive.

Back