• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 question??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcastell

Registered
I get an error in prime95 and can't finish the test. My question is how accurate is prime95 of finding problem? Does this mean my system is unstable? I can get a stable system if I lower my fsb. But I don't want =0), but I can finish Mark01,03 with no problem. Should I just ignore prime95? Or lower my fsb setting.

I am currently running 255 fsb so I'm pushing my 2.6 to 3.3
vcore is 1.7
Corsair PC4000 2.5-4-4-7, Auto-Normal-Auto-Disable-Disable
3DMark01 9545
3DMard03 2637

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

I got strange lock-ups sometimes and couldn't understand why... launched prime, and after 11 hours I got an error... decreased the FSB one step, never a lockup again.

I always run prime to consider my rig stable.

prime 95 is a reliable test for stability. if your getting errors your pushing
your system too far or there is a hardware problem i.e bad PSU, memory, heat etc.

IMHO it's better to have stability and peace of mind, than
high OC and bragging rights. i run SETI@Home and i don't want to send
back bum results, so i use Prime for testing stability.

a few questions. what CPU|RAM ratio are you using? how much juice
are you giving the RAM? BIOS version?

you might wanna try turbo instead of auto under PAT/GAT. auto might
be trying to use a very aggressive setting. your true380 might be running
out of steam. check your voltages with a volt meter. attach the - probe
to a black wire in a unused molex and attach the + probe to the
corners of the ATX connector for the 12v (yellow), 5v (red), and 3v (orange).
software/bios readings are useless. 1.7v vcore is risky for a P4. you might want
to check out the S.N.D.S thread if you haven't already.

c_h

I run Prime 95 High Temp test, my ABIT AI7 show CPU Temp 60 C on my P4 3.0 stock heatsink/fan.
So i exit the test even if it is running smooth and I'm getting a Swiftech MCX478-V w/thermaltake smart case fan II.

I wonder if the CPU sensor on my AI7 is accurate, is there anyway to test it?

rcastell said:

3DMark01 9545
3DMard03 2637

Are you running these w/ the default settings? Something else has to be wrong because I am getting considerably higher scores w/ a significantly older system-- p4 2.4a (100 mhz bus) w/ RDRam with everything running at stock speeds.

i was about to comment on that too. my specs are in my sig and im runnin just shy of 20k on 2k1 and about 6500 on 2k3. with your rig you should be gettin around that surely. funny you ask about prime95. im getting errors too. mabye i should look into it

try bumping your voltage up on your ram

alot of people ignore bumping up the ram voltage but it helped me stabalize alot

with a 2.6v on my ram, i couldn't OC higher from a 3.0 to a 3.2, with 2.8v i got 3.4

Back