• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwikgta

Hey guys, go to amdmb.com in the cooling section and read the comparison test of the Volcano 12 and the Thermalright SLK-947 with 92 mm Tornado fan.

LoL, A link would be nice... but acually i think i remeber reading about the comparisons... Didn't the volcano 12 almost beat it? I think i remeber it like 1-2C higher in temp.

According to the review, with the processor overclocked, the V12 wins.
I know the rest of the Volcano series pretty much sucks ( I had the V10), but the V12 kicks butt !!! It's the best thing I have bought for my Xaser III (cooling wise). The comparison is at www.amdmb.com in the cooling section.
www.redeyepc.com has them for $29.95.

Last edited:
BUMP! anyone have experience with this? I dont see senior member here using volcano12 and i know why ;).

Those review sites are not familiar to me, so.... For 45CDN this HSF sounds like a good deal if it actually performs that well

MameXP :cool:

im gonna throw it on my sidepanel and make a duct going to the volcano12. if im not happy with the results ill buy a thermalright or swiftech. most reviews show the thermalright slk900a to outperform the mcx462v, but that massive swifty seems like it would benifit more from massive air flow/pressure than a thermalright would.

with any luck the blower will get here by the end of the week.

heres a post of a guy who bought one and used it too cool a radiator
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257923&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

I'm not a senior member, in fact I've just built and OCed my first computer, but I'm using the V12. I got it at SVC for $27 http://www.svc.com/a1745.html and it works great for me. I lapped it, used AS5, and currently it runs max 45 during prime95 with case temp around 33. It's not even turned all the way up, only to about 4000 rpm. My build specs: Sonata Case, Enermax Variable 120mm exhaust, Evercool 120mm intake (at 5?V), Shuttle AN35N, Barton 2500+locked, Corsair VS 512, 9800np. Currently running stable at 220X11 with Vcore 1.875 / Vdimm 2.7.

Ive just bought one of these coolers, it comes with a nice little speed controller to fit into a spare floppy drive panel on the front. It has lowered my temps by 10 degrees or so from my old silent coolermaster hsf. At low rpm its pretty much silent, but when you crank it up to about 4000rpm+ it sounds like an f15 is about to fly into your house, seriously loud! But at 3000rpm it cools very sufficiently and with little noise, i now idle at 38 and full load at around 42.

Worth the £20 i paid for it, i had a few troubles fitting it as it seemed to refuse to latch onto the 3 hooks on the side of my cpu socket, but i managed to resolve it after 10 minutes of tinkering, and oh yeh its damn heavy :D

Baz

i hope it works out, but i dont think the volvano 12 is gonna be the best HS for a high presure/high airflow blower. i only got it cause i was in need of a one channel fan cotroler, and a baybus was only like 4 bucks cheaper, so i figured it was a better deal to score a decent heatsink that came with a controler. i bought mine from xoxide.com for like 22 bucks, i think they had a special when they first started stocking them

Back