• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dc .06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robrules18

.06 is out i saw a thread on this but now it seems to be gone... It has all the new choopers, the big ones like a caddy to drive and the small ones a motorcycle, however the new maps LAG LIKE A MOFO!!! at least ion my exprience with 4 or 5 servers they all lag even the small ones and supposedly they all had pings near or under 100 soo....

i think when people dealing with .6 many times its not online lag, its just lag on their machines, iv been on servers where half the people complain about lag, yet i have no lag whatsoever, the new .6 maps are huge and very detailed, take urban siege its a huge very complex level, many peoples rigs just cant keep with it. i have rarely ran into lag with the new patch. sig below.

Moving the carrier has a tendency to lag everyone in the city even if you have low ping times... you could be looking at a blank wall in the middle of the trade center on urban seige and lag like crazy with a 34 ping if someone is moving the carrier

i dont think it was my machine i have 512mb a barton 2500 at 2.2 ghz and a ti 4800. Plus there will be spurts where it doesnt lag i think it has to do with the carrier like Lusankya said, but the new chopper also i think is part of it i noticed when it wasnt flying or when it crashed there was less lag... I'll try it again tonight.

We were talking about the carrier issue last night and have agreed to leave it be while playing.

I dunno for sure, but before .6 I had no problems at all in my fav map (Basrah's Edge) but since I started playing .6 (was away from BF1942 for a few weeks) I noticed alot more lag. Same map, same servers....I had just thought that maybe the servers were having some issues, but maybe not? I dunno. Hard to say for sure.

I have been back in the DC loop for a few days now, with .6 and I have had very little lag. I think it's just one of those things. I did notice some people complaining of lag now and then, but I didn't experience it.

No lag thus far, got to say i love the new choppers, the marine gunship is great, same wiht the little attack chopper. Only problem ive noticed is that when im in the apache some times the chopper fraome shakes, i have to take the cockpit away to fly it gets that annoying. Aside from that still running great.

-Snake

yes ivew notice the choppers "jumping" in some levels, hoever the lag is mostly on the 3 new maps, i also have to say I hate the new lil chopper, I just cant seem to get it around without barrelrolling or spinning like mad. The gunship is nice though.

Back