• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-Max3 CPU fan turns off for no reason! Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcastell

Registered
Anyone with a Max3 mobo have this issue. My hsf turns off for no reason, the hardware doctor starts to beep saying it will restart the computer because the fan has failed. It is plugged in to the hsf port on the mobo, will bypassing the mobo and plugging into the psu be any problem? This sucks!!!

What fan are you using?
If you use another FAN header, is it still the same?

Plugging it directly to the PSU and disabling the "Shutdown when CPU Fan Fails" will work.
Make sure you have a resonable shutdown temperature in case of failure...

I installed a Zalman hsf but I had the same problem with my intel hsf. I think I will plug it in directly to the motherboard. I was just curios, could it be software turning off the fans? I had MBM 5 runing in the background? For instance I think they go off when it gets below 39, but they never turn back on. Just curios. Thanks one more time Crotale for saving my behind.

MBM will not turn fans off.

On my WC rig I've disabled the "Shutdown when CPU Fan Fail" and instead adjusted the shutdown temperature to make it shut down the system earlier.

MBM and Hardware Doctor have a known conflict. If both of them are running your CPU fan will stop. Remove one or the other and I guarentee the problem goes away. It screws something up in the fan speed sensor and cuases the fan to stop responding

Back