• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

god bless round IDE cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lanman31337

I bought a set for my rig for xmas (you gotta buy yourself something for xmas, right?). Anyways so far my temps have dropped 3 degrees celcius, right now i'm sitting at mobo at 29 degrees, cpu at 34 degrees, and north bridge at 32 degrees. Not too shabby for 5 hard drives and some other stuff in there :~

Wow. That is good. I thought my 37c CPU was decent...looks like I really need a better fan and I need to finally put the AS3 instead of the white stuff that came with my SLK-900 on

I use rounded cables too, and have been very satisfied with them. It allows good airflow and minimal cable length when flatcable origami is not an option.

I beleive in the improvements.

I was so eager to get my new AMD dually running that I used the flat cables that I had, but I can tell that due to their position to the HD's , intake fan, and the RAID card that these cables are hurting my temps. I just bought some of those round cables today at Fry's and will try to install today or tomorrow.

Back