• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP 3000, Questions!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Hi,

I'm wondering what some "warning" voltages would be for an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (Fsb166). Or where maybe AMD has lists of this? I guess it more less boils down to how high your cpu tempature is. Anyone give me some info on where or what would be pursay a "warning" tempature for an AMD Athlon XP 3000, that would be greatly appreciated. Right now my cpu voltage is running at 1.65 & my fsb is around 184. My CPU load at very max seems to get up around 53ºC!! Please give me some input if you have any, thanks!!

-ºb§

Big thanks to hitechjb1 whose collection of posts should probably be made into a sticky.

1. Increase of 60 MHz at the expense of increasing 0.2 volts is not recommended.

2. Assuming expected CPU life time is 10 years, 30% overvolt statistically reduces it to six years.

3. 30% overvolt for DLT3C's is 1.95 volts and for Bartons and DUT3C T-Breds, about 2.1 volts. (Remember to keep the on die CPU temperature under 65 C.)

4. Highest attainable stable Overclock cannot be reduced within months provided on die CPU temperature is kept under 65 C, however:

5. CPU weak spots not discovered during manufacturing stress tests may lead to permanent failure sooner than average:

hitechjb1 said:
A 10% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 83% of nominal failure time.
A 20% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 69% of nominal failure time.
A 30% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 59% of nominal failure time.
A 50% increase in Vcore, would shorten the failure time to 44% of nominal failure time.

Nominal failure time is assumed to be 10 years at default voltage.

Sorry, probably been discussed, i'm new to this website....Thanks for the information though!! Keep her (well) under 65ºC & all should be ok. I'm probably at about 53 at very max running a very intensive CPU program. Under games it seems to be at about 47 - 49ºC.......Need to run some more tests though.

Back