• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow RAID help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

ATTO-Jan-07-04-Bench.jpg

Um.. ya

2 40Gb WD 7200 RMP 2mb caviar drives (IDE) with Serielle (the ones that come with the NF7-S) SATA adaperts.

I left the block size or whatever that is at defualt (I think it was 16k, maybe 32).

Have the latest SATA drivers (but stock rev.2 BIOS), in Sandra my 160Gb (8mb cache) beats it out...

Before I did this I defragmented, restarted and stopped all the bigger processes and such.

I am not sure that it is any slower or faster than when I head them both on IDE and seperate.
Why is it so slow?

Set "total length" to 32 and "direct I/O" to neither, this is how most bench and post, and lets see what ya get. Did you defrag first?

I did defrag first... but now I ran into some problems and chose to reformat (my hacked XP with SATA drivers on it already doesn't have a freakin repair install.. I'll havta fix that sometime). And now i can't format my array in NTFS OR FAT32 (happend last time but it somehow started working after I did somthing that I thought I could but haven't be able to reproduce).

I'll do that when I get it working again, thnks.

Working now, same results, same situation only I did the 32... unchecking direct I/O gives wack resuslts and I read in another thread that if you don't do it it uses the window cache (ie, no good).

Back