• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some assistance with my 2.4c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wseGy

Well here is the situation. My 2.4c will not boot over 265fsb, I've adjusted timings, voltages, tried different dividers, re-applied thermal grease, and messed with almost every bios option, but it still will not boot at 265fsb.

I think that either my cpu, mobo, or ram is no good because with my setup I should be able to get well over what im currently getting.

fyi, my temps are 24/29 so cooling really isn't the problem. And those temps are at 3.12

Thanks.

Getting more than 265 may not be possible. You bought a chip guaranteed to run at 2.4ghz, and any extra you get is a bonus. Not every 2.4C can run 3.4-3.5ish, and people who can't get those high numbers don't post about it.

You may have a chip that has reached its limit.

what are your temps at 265 fsb? have you taken out one stick of ram and tried running it in single channel?

@ 265 my temps are 30/34, and i haven't tried running it in single channel, but i will.

268 is my magic number and it seems to be a memory limitation for me. A number of guys in the Abit forum running the same setup with "better" memory say they can hit 275 with no problem at all.

I don't know much about OCZ memory, but they all say you have to have the expensive sticks (I forget off-hand what OCZ calls theirs) in order to get a higher FSB.

na its not my memory, i have the OCZ EL memory, its most definately the cpu. i bought it on ebay and it was marketed as a "high overclock stepping" so i think i either got unlucky or i was duped

always test 1 component at a time. test the cpu at 3/2 first, no matter how good the memory is rated. if that fails then test the cpu in single channel with each individual stick.if the cpu still only runs to 265 then u can be reasonably certain its the cpu...

Back