• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about Abit NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

remelad

Registered
I currently have an Epox 8KHA+ and XP1600 but I believe the board died. The chipset cooling fan got tight and stopped running and now the computer won't work right. Sometimes it boots up but I have no video, sometimes I do. I tried a different video card, different harddrives, ram, etc and it acts the same.

I'm figuring its time for new mobo anyway. My Epox has 256mb DDR2100. Can this ram be used on the NF7?

I will use my XP1600 for now along with my Gforce 4 4200TI card.

Any suggestions on this?

Also, which NF7 should I get? -s, -m, regular?

Thanks a million!

YEah that RAM will work, but you would get better prefpormance and overclockablity from some higher rated speed ram.

THE NF7-S is the overclockers mobo, and thats what you'd want

If you are looking for features, then go with the NF7-S. The NF7-S has the onboard Soundstorm audio, the integrated SATA RAID, and integrated support for Firewire. If you dont need these features, then go with the NF7. It's the exact same board as the NF7-S, except without the features I listed above. It's a good deal cheaper too. They will both overclock pretty similarly.

$20 difference from the plain board to the -s. Guess I'll order that from Newegg today for $99

Back