• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eject for CD-Rom on Desktop??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N-Bandit

Ok I just got inspired by someone in the Mod forum who stealthed his cd and DVD drives. So I did as well. Now I want to put a shortcut on my desktop that when I click it it automatically ejects the tray. I normally open 'My Computer" then right click the DVD icon and select Eject. there has to be a way to get it on the desk top.

Mike

skab said:
Go to your DVD icon and right click on it pick the option for shortcut, should ask if you want to have it on your desktop.

Well, this just gets an icon for the drive itself. I think he just wants an icon that just ejects the drive.

Exactly Fan, I just want a icon or 'button' if you will that ejects the DVD. Ill try that WinEject. sounds promising.

Mike

N-Bandit said:
Exactly Fan, I just want a icon or 'button' if you will that ejects the DVD. Ill try that WinEject. sounds promising.

Mike

I guess I'm just old school and reach over and press the eject button on the physical drive itself. I mean, you still have to reach over and retrieve the ejected cd.

I guess I want to excersise my abbs more than I want to excersise my finger. :cool:

Sorry - I couldn't resist . :D

well that works for some, but I have stealthed my DVD drive. incase you arent familiar with this, remember when you bought your caseand all the drive bays had those covers? well if you look at mine you cant see my DVD drive. all you see are those panels. but once I hit eject in the desktop, my tray pops out.

On a side note, WinEject works great. it sits in my SysTray, so it uses resources upon startup, but not enough to worry me. it is a small Icon in the systray that I click to eject and clck again to close. works great. you can configure it to operate more than one drive as well, but thanks to my 2 year old son and a careless me who left a screwdriver down where he cold get at it, only one of my drives works now. thank god it is my DVD-RW burner.

Mike

There's no native way to do it, but you could probably do it with a small helper VBScript. After downloading the included text file, rename it using a .vbs extension. It doesn't format correctly in the forums, so I couldn't post it...or upload it using the correct .vbs extension. You'll also need to modify it, relative to your DVD-ROM drive letter. :)

Attachments

• ejectcd.txt
    349 bytes · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back