• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Suggestions Welcome... Please? :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pimpachu

Well I just recently bought a new rig and setup.

AMD XP2600+ 333mhz FSB
(The 1.93GZ Version that has 640kb total cache)

I noticed that the 1.93ghz version of the 2600+ isnt that popular and most people dont even know it exists. I opted for this one because it had more cache.

I also have the following hardware

Motherboard: DFI LanParty NFII Ultra-B
Crucial 512mb PC3200 Ram (CL3 Sadly though)
I specified that I wanted CL2 ram but got this instead.

I ordered a speedstrip ssa-1 unlocker strip and it doesnt even work. I have tried it several times and I cant even lower the multiplier of my cpu. I am rather angry about this. However, with further investigation I noticed that the L3/5 bridge is not cut. I found this to be a little odd. I do not know much about Barton CPUs and I think I may have made a mistake.

I have had this cpu post at high as 2300mhz but it would not boot into windows. Furthermore I have had it boot to Winblowz XP at 2200mhz but it locks up shortly afterwards. (Usually within 10min.)

Is the ram really that big of an issue? Could it be the thing that is causing this cpu to not juice up at all. I mean IM not gonna complain because I went from 1.4ghz Athlon to 1.93GHZ Barton so I am enjoying my new found CPU speed. But I would like to be able to OC this baby a little bit. I have never really had any luck OCing AMD cpus, I was always a fan of OCing the Celeron CPU. Now that I have become an AMD fan I need to learn more about these chips and see what this baby can do. So guys am I just SOL or can anyone gimme some pointers.

*** The Cpu Core temp doesnt seem to be the problem, it will lock up when the cpu is no higher than 43C ***

I hope someone can shed some light on this issue for me..

Thanks In Advance..

Last edited:
Yes but the speed strip said that it could unlock the multipliers by connected two pins. I want to unlock this cpu badly but I am not sure how to do it. Sucks the speedstrip did not work. Any suggestions. Also is my ram what is holding me back?

I dont think there is a real fix for the newly locked amd cpu's is there?

Unlock Alternative for newly locked XP's

I dont know if their is an alternative, that is what I was trying to find out from you guys, If I cant unlock this thing I am gonna be very sad :(

what didyou set your vcore at when you were up @2.2GHz?
setting your ram timings to default (by SPD) wouldn't hold you back if you're running @200MHz FSB. it is PC3200 Crucial.

Back