• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24v 1a fan controler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cstarritt

well i got my blower in, and while its not annoyingly loud at 24v, i would still like to be able to turn it down if om gonna dl something overnight.

first thing i tried was one of the controllers that came with my volcano 12, i hooked it up and got a nice burnt electronics smell. then i went to lowes and scored a dimer switch. i hooked that up and the fan wouldnt spin. finaly i went all over town looking for a potentiometer (i probobly spelled it wrong) but found none that could do the trick.

any other possibilties? hopefully somthing that doesnt require me to put together a circuit board for it. ive heard of dimmer switches working, mabee i just got the wrong type?

That would do it. Don't use a dimmer switch though, they are designed for AC and are *not* potentiometers. You don't need to create a circuit board or anything fancy if you simply used a single pot... just wire it up and mount it someplace in your case.

would 2 ohm do the trick? that sounds like it would just barely slow it down. i gave it some thought and i think ill just make a switch that will let me select between my 24v transformer and a 12v molex.

Back