• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 48cfm enough for an SP-94?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I am thinking about replacing my AX-478 with a 53cfm Mechatronics fan. I an looking at either a 48cfm 30dba Panaflo or a 49.5cfm 34.5dba Sunon fan to use with it. And yes I am trying to reduce the noise. CPU is a 2.4b @ 3.02. It looks like the HS is much better so I should see some increase in cooling with a redusction in CFM/noise. Or I amy be wasting my time and $$$$. But that wouldn't be the first time I have done that.

yes that should be enough. i have that fan on my SLK 900 and its enough.

Let me ask this question. What would be the cfm/dba of a Vantec Tornado with either a 7v or 5v mod? I just want to make the right choice of fan.

Don't buy a tornado just to volt mod it, buy the tornado to get the best preformance out of air cooling possible. If do you don't want the noise then get a different fan

if your not gonna use the full cooling power of a tornado then go for something like a papst or panaflo

After I thought about it, I decided the same thing. Ordered the SP94 with the Panaflo 48cfm/30dba. Now I can't wait for it to get here :)

Back