• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! How to re-attach southbridge cooling???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaRaNoiA

Registered
I took off my southbridge cooler because it was coming loose and starting to make noise, now what can i do to put it back on?

I was thinking of putting thermal compound in the middle and superglue on the four or two corners, is that ok? or does anyone know any other ways of putting it back on?

PS. I dont have any thermal adhesive or thermal tape :(

that will work, just make sure you keep pressure on the heatsink until the glue is somewhat dry so that it doesn't dry withought enough contact.

If u use epoxy thing, u will hard to remove it later (unless u will not remove it for good). Try using a double tape, use a good one.
Scotch or 3M will be nice. it is very thin and bond strong !

My advise is to use Arctic Silver adhesive or Arctic Alumina Adhesive. I often remove them at a later time via the freezer trick and have never not been able to remove them. (but I am always careful)

Arctic Alumina Adhesive in my experience is slightly easier to remove with the freezer trick.

Arctic Alumina Adhesive is what i use for all my chipset coolers (except the northbridge obviously)...especially as im in the process of putting these small heatsinks ---LINK--- on every visible chip on my mobo...

I made this pic a bit to small, but you can see 90% of the Arctic Alumina Adhesive came off when the small heatsink was removed. This was a test with the first batch of prototype silversinks.

Attachments

• picture 022.jpg
    picture 022.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 96
Back