• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want 2.45ghz NOW!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

dammit, I cant seem to get to 2.45 with my dut3c. the thing does 2.35 @ 1.98v beautifuly 24/7 but won't even boot at 2.4ghz. temps are all fine (42C max load). the only solution i could think of would be to crank the volts up to 2.05v and see if that's what it would take. I want those extra 100mhz so bad. AHHH.

If i ever make it to 2.45 I'll hapilly inform anyone that wants to know

2.0v will mostly likely slowly kill your cpu over the next 5 days. I wouldn't risk anything over 1.9. Look at it this way, the more volts the more heat and the less heat the higher oc, but you need more volts for a higher oc which generates more heat which lowers the oc...arrrrgggghhhh! Anyways, get water or go prometia. Otherwise be happy with such a great oc. My 2500+ won't do much beyond 2.35.

I got water and the thing has been running at 1.98v for the past 2 months without any kind of killage action happening. I figured I can take it to 2.05v without any problems.

With DLT3C B (not A), maybe.

In addition to cooling and a super powerful Power Supply, you'll need a whole lot of luck to take DUT3C's up there. It can be done but it's rare... careful not to kill it.

Back