• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im HOT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexnan

I give up, i've ran this machine with its sides on, off, more fans, fans in different places, new thermal paste, different thermal paste, different fan locations blah blah... i think you get the jest of where im going. to start off im running a AMD 1700 XP+ on an Asus a7v133 mobo in a Mini ATX box. i havent OC'd the processor but would like to try in the near future.

at the moment my CPU temp is at a blazing 52c and it commonly shuts down when under full load after a few hours. my Vcore is at an all time high of 1.71v and i cant seem to get it to come down. i've re flashed my bios to maybe allow more control of my Vcore settings but it doesnt budge it. any ideas here? Am i gettig shotty power from my PS? should i consider buying or building a bigger box? IDE flat cables blocking all my air flow maybe...im lost for ideas

BTW i only have 3 60mm case fans one to bring cold air from the front of the box one at the back to exhaust it and one rigged up in an empty hard drive bay that blows across the heat sink and fan /shrug.....

any cheap ideas would help me alot here

Thanks in advance

Hex

maybe just getting a big case will help.something with options
for intake and exhaust fans.if the case is inexpensive you don't have to sweat cutting holes if necessary

Shutting down at 52C... thats extreamly odd. MY guess is that temp isent accurate at all.

I ran my comp for 4 months with temps from 60-65 at load and no damage and no stability issues ever came up. Just didn't really enjoy it myself. So i went out bought a new HSF and thermal grease and that lowered the temps 20C. Now im happy.

Anyways your temps have to be wrong if your running into stability issues.

Lol, here is a story... i ran my CPU all the way up to 76C and automatically it restarted... that was the only time i ever had this problem. The very odd thing is that no damage occured. Luck on my part but that wont ever happen again.

oh yea a cheap idea....

TT VOLCANO 7+ HEATSINK FAN AND ARTIC SILVER 5 THERMAL GREASE.

Grand totall.... a wopping 30$ for a 20C decrease in temps on my part.

:)

The Palomino is rated at 1.75v. Probably you have the voltage set to "auto" on the board or the BIOS, and so it's just being correct on its own.

have you got the latest version of Asus Probe (or better yet MBM5) so you can be sure you are getting accurate temperatures?

old asus probe gave temps about 10C too high on that mobo.

does it get cool and stop crashing when you have case side off with a house fan blowing in there?

if so then better case ventilation is worth exploring.

<scratches head>

You're sure it's running at 1.47 GHz?

the wesson

actually i have the BIOS set to run it at 1.65v and it still hangs around 1.70. maybe i shouldnt play with those Vcore setting till i learn a little more about them. I'm going to check out that asus probe cause im reading my temps straight from BIOS.

Hex

p.s. yea its running at 1.47ghz =P

LOL! Another Pally Victim. I finally got rid of my parents Pally. Jezus those buggers run hot. Nothing seems to phaze em either. Its the silicon thats the problem. Unless you get a SLK900 or watercooling its always gonna run hot.

Back