• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlock or Locked that is the question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go into bios and raise the multiplier (if you can on your bored)

If it does not boot with the higher or lower multiplier, it is locked. Hope that helps.

Well i dont want to risk de-stablizing my computer. Also i dont want to reset my BIOS if it doesn't work because i have alot of personal setting that i dont want to go over and change again

All i know is that you can tell if a CPU is unlocked or locked by a number on the chip... I just dont know which numbers are locked and which are not.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT PLZZZZZZ?

PabloEscobar said:
All i know is that you can tell if a CPU is unlocked or locked by a number on the chip...

NO, you can't. You can make an educated guess by reading the week in the datecode, but until you try to change multipliers you won't really know. If you're worried about having to reset everything, drop the multiplier down one and keep everything else the same. Your cpu will run slower if it's unlocked; if it stays the same, then it's locked.

yeah, my locked chip will boot on my 8rda at any multi i set, it just doesnt change my actual speed

edit: the educated guess comes from it being pre week 39 (0339), most chips are unlocked before that date code, and most chips are locked after, but there are exceptions

Back