• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Real Low -12v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kpiciulo

Simple question, on the computer in my sig, however oc'd with a 1.75v cpu my -12v is reading -13.9 in Hardware Doctor. That can't be good is it. I don't wanna buy a new PSU (i'm a poor college student) but right now all i'm using is the PSU that came in my Raidmax case (i forget the model but it's not a scorpio, it was about $45 on newegg.com)

other readings seem fine.
+5 reads 5.03
+12 reads 12.05
-5 reads -5.29 (that seems kind of a stretch)
3.3 reads 3.57

am i wrong in thinking the rest are fine.

TIA Kevin

p.s. i have a lot of fans (7 case plus fan on cpu) running, with no fan controller. if that matters

Your readings sound ok. You can't trust software monitoring though, grab yourself a multimeter and check things out for yourself. My dually reports voltages by as much as .25 off. Also, if you're not having stability problems, don't worry.

Thanks a lot you guys,

How can I tell if stability problems are from the power supply not putting out enough juice or if i've just pushed the computer to it's limits.

It sounds like you got the same case that I bought from newegg.com. If you did, your power supply is probably a 350watt. And if it's only your -12v that is causing the problems like mine was, just ignore it in windoctor, only because -12v is badly monitored by hardware doctor and other programs that monitor your voltage. I bought an Allied 500watt at MicroCenter for $79.99 without tax, which you can probably get at newegg for i guess $50.00. It was probably the nicest one I've seen. LEDs and the PSU wires to the motherboard are covered in Net-Tube. And you also get some adapters and alot of male and females.

Back