• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vcore question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Im aced from 3.0 to 3.4 and am using an Antec SL350.

My vcore is at 1.65 and ram volt is 2.6

When Im in windows looking at MBM I see the volt meters for each device which im doing good with being at the 12v, 3.3v etc etc. All except the vcore. When im idle the vcore is at 1.65v since thats the setting i told it to be on in the bios and when im at full load the average is 1.5v. Is this normal or a power supply issue?

When I select 1.7v in bios it goes down to 1.55v at full so basicly im always trailing by .15.... even at 1.75v.

Asus P4P800s are horrible at keeping Vcore stable. Ive been playing with the Vcore a bit lately, but in the opposite direction (see how far i can bring it down while the CPU runs @ 3GHz with Ai Booster from Asus). Anyway, voltages run all over the place, but generally keep within + or - 20%

That's typical with Asus. Seems like vcore usually drops under load. Abit has much better voltage regulation and don't do that.

Yeah, unfortunately those fluctuations you're seeing are to be expected with that ASUS motherboard. All of ASUS' newer boards seem to have this problem, although it doesn't seem to be stopping people from reaching some fairly impressive overclocks.

Ok so if it is the Asus board doing this then if i set the bios to 1.75v and underload it goes down to 1.6v will this be safe or is the chip really at 1.75v?

You now know what it does at idle and under load. Now make a decision what to use depending on how much time your computer is at idle or load and factor in the risk. If you're a idle a lot, I'm not sure I'd go above 1.7v in the BIOS.

Last edited:
So in essence its not a misserror in the reading and that its actualy trailing by .15 all the time. I gues ill have to run prime95 when i idle. HAHAHA

What a cheap design. WIll this be fixed somehow or is it a hardware problem that the board just wasnt designed to do

Dan your running your vcore at 1.6v in bios right? Whats your cpu temps at full load?

Back