• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temperature keeps going up and down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dredd

Registered
pass 2 weeks my temperature keeps going 55+ then pc will shut down, then temperature will stay around 40c

its keeps going up and down, i have droped mhz of cpu down 2 1800mhz (i have 2500+)

the pump now making a noise when it does temperature drops, onces the noise stops my temperature then starts 2 go up to around 51c or sometimes just stays same

i have changed water twice in 2 weeks i still have same problem

could it be pump its a Swiftech MCP600 thats now faulty or needs a clean? or waterblock needs a clean ?

if i take Swiftech MCP600 apart will i still be able 2 RMA if its faulty ?

watercool been running around 4 months now.

watercooling setup is :

LRWW water block
thermochill HE 120.3
Swiftech MCP600 pump

Before you RMA anything, Try remounting the block. Take it apart to see if you have any crap in it. Next take some spare tube and fill the bathtub up with water and set your pump in there to see if it pumping right, if not it might have crap in it also.

i can't test pump in bathtub, it runs on 12v by psu

it could be waterblock, does that that happen over time ?

if i take waterblock apart will it need new o rings ?

You shouldnt need new o-rings, just make sure to put soem alchohol on the inside of the block and put it back together without touching it, so you dont contaminate it.

watercooling setup is :

LRWW water block
thermochill HE 120.3
Swiftech MCP600 pump

mobo epox 8RDA+ rev 1.1
cpu: amd 2500+
antec 430 psu

can you still get replacement o-rings, i like to have few backups

i'm only cooling CPU

maybe i should add this information in my sig

Last edited:
Back