• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSF was 42C when first installed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PabloEscobar

Registered
now its 45C idle. I know its not a big deal but i thought its suppose to get cooler over time as this artic silver gets more situated on the core. Installed it 3 days ago and it raised 3C.

Now i know my room temperture has been much hotter and thats the reason it was hot yesterday. It was 83 degrees outside yesterday!!!

I live in southern cali... so yea normal. heh.

Anyways the thing is today it much cooler and the room temperture is back to normal but the CPU temp stayed the same...

How's the airflow in your case? You might need better airflow. I get the same high temps w/ my sp-94, but I think that's just due to the fact that it's in the 70-80's here in January! :rolleyes: Also, have you taken the Thermaltake fan guard off your hsf??? That will help you out too. That guard w/ the Tt logo on it really restricts airflow! :eek:

Oh yea guard was taken off right when package was opened. Personally i think my airflow is pretty good. At least its the same as it was when the temps where at 42C. One probly i had was installing the heatsink. The clip i was using was extremly difficult to even snap on the free side where you put it in place first... very odd. Usually that clip goes on and its the screwdriver side thats the difficult part. So this caused me to be moving the HSF around alot and sometimes taking it off the core kinda smugging the thermal grease. Finally i got the easy part on with some needle nose plyers! Took alot of work.... very odd.

Back