• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc'ed to 3200+, but Sandra scores like a 2800+!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

I was just wondering why this would happen? I set it to 200x11, 1.7vcore (just incase, for now) and here are the results I got!

http://www.dweebfire.com/ill/3200.jpg

I know it's just a benchmark, but I wanna make sure there's not something wrong somewhere in my system. I just installed a Antec True 480w, and I was suprised that it said my vcore was 1.648v, when I have it set to 1.7 in bois.

But do you guys also get results like this? I know it can't be perfect, but 400 off!?! Seems like something isn't right to me.

Up date your drives as usuall, and it may be that your CPU "declocks" itself when it gets to hot, ive had that happen to me alot. Try lowering the FSB just a tad and see what that does.

I haven't got to test it for very long on Prime95 yet. I let it go for 20mins and it was fine. I will let it go for 24, but I wanna make sure it's at or at least clost to it's highest point. Also, fsb:ram is 6/6.

Temps never got above 40c. Case is 23c, and cpu load temp is 39c.

It could be background processes tying up the CPU time. Check Task Manager and see what's taking up processor time. Sandra shows real-time CPU power; if you load up another program that uses 50% of the CPU's processing time, Sandra scores will show that difference.

or it could be the fact that sandra doesnt bench cpu's with more than 256k l2 cache correctly

tbred will perform slightly better in the cpu bench than barton because of cache

synthetic;)

Back