• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth Selling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Well, after alot of upgrades and stuff, i have alot of spare parts left over. Just wondering if it's even worth selling and how much $$$ will it go for.

Old P.O.S P4 Mobo: PC Chips M930LR

Old Graphics Card: Matrox Minellium G400 Dualhead

Old PCI Lan Card, dunno what manufacturer, but it says it's copyrighted from 1999

Pentium 3 733MHz Socket 1 (a slot socket kinda like a PCI card, where the CPU PCB is perpendicular to the mobo), not a pin socket)

I got rid of my 450 mhz Pentium 3 a while ago. I forgot what I got for it. You won't be able to get too much. I'd just give it to a friend who doesn't have a computer (or a rediculously old one like a 486 or Pentium) or a family member who is in the same situation.

The faster (700mhz to 1000) slot 1 cpu's still sell for alot on ebay. Alot of people have older slot 1 P2's that they want to upgrade to P3 with just a cpu swap. I sold a P3 850mhz for over a hundred bucks a few months back.

If on your tax return, you itemize rather than take the standard deduction, donating the hardware will generate additional deductions (donated parts will be valued at fair market value) and decrease your tax liability. However, if you get more than $250, be sure to get documentation as you will need to submit it to the IRS.

~THT

You can always list it on ebay, and see what you get for it. Even if you only make a little, it gives you feedback, and its better than nothing. If it doesn't go, there is always the other routes already mentioned.

Back