• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corrupt files!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prok

Hey all. I recently backed up my info for a reformat. I used Nero to burn the info (I always use Nero) and have never had a problem before. This time, some files have become corrupt. They either won't copy or won't open directly from the cd. Some of them are jpeg's and will copy but when I open the pic I only see half of it, the rest is grey. To make it even more annoying, it crashes Windows XP each and every time I try to access these corrupt files. Does anyone have an idea of what may have happened or know of a way to fix it? Thanks.

try to get a recovery program like Ontrack easy recovery profesional,Use it to scan the drive you formatted to find the files you have copied to that cd..Even a formatted drive leaves files that are recoverable.

Sorry, I didn't write correctly in the original post. I didn't actually do a reformat, I switched to a completely new drive. The files that are corrupt are on the actual cd's... I have a feeling there's nothing that I can do but I am curious as to when the corruption may have occurred... Is it possible for it to occur during the burn process? Or is it more likely that these are files that were corrupted before while still on the hard drive... Thanks in advance for any help.

Back