• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ or 1700+ anywhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

can you find a dltc3 anywhere? for either? i want one and now that my comp is fixed i was workin on a nf7-s and a dltc3...where can i find a guarented dltc3?

Post here if you know.
Guaranteed DLT3C used to cost as much as Barton 2500+ so it was never worth it. Nice if you can find one without paying a premium though.

But you can take a 2100+ B real high with that Samsung.
Samsung overclocks very well, into 200s FSB. You usually need PC3200 RAM to get that high.

yea, i was happy on how well that samsung works, so you think i could get the same overclock with a 2100 as i could with the 1800/1700?

DLT3C are champs.
2100+ B beats average DUT3C 1700+ and 1800+ and those are the ones offered everywhere.

Be careful if you find a dlt3c 1700 new. I saw a thread last week about 1700's back on the market, with locked multi's. I think they were found at newegg, but I'm not sure.

Dude, no one guarantees 2100+s but if you're going to do it, it's either newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com. As simple as that. Both are reliable with newegg posting tracking info slightly faster to your account.

c627627 said:
Dude, no one guarantees 2100+s but if you're going to do it, it's either newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com. As simple as that. Both are reliable with newegg posting tracking info slightly faster to your account.
Hey c627627, I'm from Topeka, and they have 1700 dut3c jiuhb's at excaliberpc.com. I have a link in another post . 60.00

Why bother, they charge shipping on top of that price, and newegg will ship a 2100+ B to Topeka for less.

2100+ averages more than DUT3C 1700+/1800+.

1700+/1800+ DLT3C B (not A) on the other hand would be nice for $60.

if you are near a fry's electronics or even a best buy......you can preaty much hand pick your stepping......I got my 1800+ DLt3c at fry's.....I don't know if they sell em anymore.....cool thing about fry's is...you can score a mobo and proc for $60 and end up with a decent backup mobo and a 2.6gHz cpu ;).....good luck

I did not know that... Fry's is on my way to work and back, so I think I'll do just that.

Also, how do you do that, just say you want an 1800 and keep telling them to bring you a new one until you got the one you want?

I have 2 1800+s in my house, just found out that they are both dlt3cs. One was just luck of the draw from last march or so, built an ubercheap machine for a client and they ended with a different one because of incompatiability problems, so I got to keep the chip. The other one is a garenteed stepping from excaliberpc.com. They ran out like 3 hours after I ordered. I know its a crime but I haven't really even pushed them yet, I don't have enough free cash now for a really good sink. The new one needs burning in anyway.

Under a whisperrock II with as5 on it though they run wicked cool. 31c @ idle with a case temp of 25c. Running at stock volts and slightly above stock clock (1600mhz). Can't wait until I get a slk900 so I can really work this baby.

If you're looking for a simple, quiet and cheap cooler for mild overclocking or running at stock, I really recommend this whisperrock II btw, only 8 bucks with fan off newegg and it runs really quiet and has better results than the loud coolermaster fan I had by far. (was running 38 idle ~42 load)

AFIsoldier said:
URL=http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_186&products_id=1065]1700+[/URL] that is found at excaliberpc.com...is it any good or would it be a crap o/c?[
'
That's a "regular" or 1.6v Tbred B. (dUt3c)
They are good OCers, but not as good as the
1.5v dLt3c CPU's.
Good luck finding one of those anymore. :eek:
Just be sure not to get an "A" core if you want to OC
as they don't do nearly as well as the "B".

If you want a dUt3c 1700 Tbred B you should look to
NewEgg. Though they don't guarantee delivery of
a "B" core, many in the customer reviews say that's
what they are shipping lately.

I was lucky and got a 1.5v Tbred B for $42 from NewEgg.
It easily OverClocks to 2.5ghz but I doubt any of those remain.

Last edited:
Back