• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paypal downgrade account

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

Can I downgrade a paypal account from business to regular? I didn't know they took money from ALL transactions after that, I was wondering why my balance was always less. With small payments, it's noticable. Is there a way that I can only be charged for CC payments? I didn't even know I upgraded my account, I just clicked yes once when I received a CC payment.

There isn't a way that you can only be charged for CC Payments, once you upgrade, they charge for every payment afterwards regardless. This really annoyed me too, especially since when I was using it, I had a lot of $15-20 payments, and the only people I accepted CC payments from were Europeans, since at the time, they couldn't pay me any other way. :p

However, it is possible to downgrade your Paypal account to regular, and I have done it before. I don't remember the exact process, but the easiest thing to do is to go to Paypal's help section, and search for "downgrade", and it will tell you how to do so.

You can only do this once however, so if wish to have a business account again (ie, accept CC payments), and upgrade, you cannot downgrade again. The entire process should take about 2-3 days, and Paypal will email you asking to confirm that you wish to downgrade during this.

The way I did it was I just emailed paypal (this took a few emails) and asked my account be downgraded.

They give you the run-around the first couple emails but I was successful on my 3rd one, lol

Yep, they gave me the run-around as well, got emails asking if I was sure that I wanted to downgrade (ie, meaning that if I was sure that I wanted to stop paying them for every transaction), but the process wasn't that bad considering Paypal's reputation.

Back