• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on my memory purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docta_Z

I am looking to overclock my new processor (XP 2500) on my A7N8X deluxe board.

Anyhow I'm looking at purchasing some high quality pc3200 for my system and I'm looking for some advice as well as I have a couple questions.

These four sets of dual ram kits are all avaliable which do you suggest?

The more "basic" ram with no pre-determined timings.
CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200C2PRO PC3200 2X512MB CAS2 HEAT SPREADER ACTIVITY LEDS

Both of these seem to be the exact same thing but the BLACK heat spreader costs.. 20 whole dollars more.. whaa? Is that because black is a "super cool color?" lol info pls. Has some nice timings but not the absolute best it seems.
-CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LL PC3200 2X512MB DDR 2-3-2 BLACK HEAT SPREADER
-CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LL PC3200 2X512MB DDR 2-3-2 SILVER HEAT SPREADER

The Most expensive: Has fastest ram timings - I'm leaning towards this:
CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LLPRO PC3200 2X512MB 2-3-2-6 W/ ACTIVITY LEDS

If you have any suggestions and imput or think of of other types of RAM (OGZ) please give me the whole name and suggest only comparable sticks/sets.

THANKS GUYS !!!:cool:

That's alright, although the Pro's activity LEDs are just for looks.

If you could score some Mushkin PC3200 Level2 you'd be in very good shape.

ACtually here's a good question - if that just a different price because of the LEDs... because the first two ram are 2-3-2 , while the second is 2-3-2-6 but wouldn't the first one still be at 6 anyhow? I noticed the "PRO" they added to the expensive one...

Any clues what that could be? Assured faster timings?

Back