• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a IDE to SATA Converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max47

Well i dont think my board supports Ultra ATA/133 just ATA/100 so im going to just use an IDE to SATA converter to get full speed of the drive, but most of the prices i have found with shipping are around $20+.. im prolly going to have to pay that much for it eventually but i think its way to expensive for a little converter...so if anyone has an one they dont use, know its works and would like to sell it cheap i would definatly buy it..

That's actually pretty cheap, considering an ata/133 card is around 30 or 40 bucks, and a scsi card you can pick up around 30.

well the 20 dollars is from an average of random nearly ending items... i was just looking for an individual that would like to get rid of one cheap.. after putting this system together it left me flat broke.. im selling my graphics card because of it lol..

I think my abit nfs-7 motherboard came with an ide to serial converter...can anyone tell me if i'm right, wrong, or just way off base?

My board did come with one, it is a really neat device.

I'll search around, I'm sure ABIT sells them seperatlely.

EDIT: I just realized your probably wasnt finding one, rather it was finding a cheap one...I give up my search.

This one is 20 bucks with free shipping. I don't think you will be able to spend less than that, no matter how hard you try.

Searching froogle.com for "sata converter," the cheapest one that came up is $15. However, I didn't look at shipping. Most likely, you won't find a cheaper one on the net. Froogle does a good job of finding things (it is powered by Google, after all!)

Back