• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chassis Fan Threshold Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoknbonz

Registered
Guys what would cause my chassis fan to display a Threshold warning. I'am using Asus Probe 2.22.04 and i've swapped 2 new fans back and forth but i still get below 600rpm threshold warnings using Asus probe... Any tips or idea's would be helpful.

sometimes older versions of asus pc probe cant recognize fan's rpm's

update ur version of asus pc probe at www.asus.com and go to support section and search for pc probe if that doesnt fix it, check ur fan to see if it has the third wire that is either yellow or blue, that is the rpm sensor wire, if it doesnt have it, then ur fan doesnt have rpm sensing capabilities

Well i checked it and both have sensor's it's just driveing me nut's
why it's doing it i checked everything and i have the newest version of asus probe so guess i'am back to square 1.

Would my power supply be causing this it's a 350. could it be to much of a drain on it with my System spec's.

i have this problem too...it never reads the speed of my tornado...but the bios does perfectly

Well for what it's worth i fiqured it out. i think the reason is my power supply sensor is dead or just don't have 1.
i installed MBM 5 latest ver. and went in the settings and changed the chassis fan to asus2, and verified i had asus1 as cpu.
now i'am getting the right info.but i do think maybe either my pwr supply sensor is bad or it don't have one.

hmm i just read ur above post, and do u mean to say that ur psu rpm sensor is on the mobo? becuase sometimes, the psu is cool, and the fan inside is running slower, but when it gets hot, it speeds up

if not, then just take my above advice, u could also try updating ur BIOS, that may fix it

Back