• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe + Ram + overclocking + CPUZ Specs = HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok the short version. Its the rig in my sig minus the changed ram. I am trying to get the max out of my ram. I know understand that it is my stock 100mhz P4 1.8 that is holding me back and I need to get a 2.4c to take full advantage of my ram.

But here is a the CPUZ html readout. I just want someone with a bit more experience with the ASUS Boards to take a look and see if there is any obvious change that I should make. I am a newb to OC'ing ram. I am posting this in the ASUS section becuase I am hoping that someone can give me specific info regarding the bios settings for the P4P800 Deluxe board with the 1014 bios.

http://www.captfiero.com/cpuz.htm this is a full spec sheet on how everything is set up.

I'm not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, and I apologize if I'm telling you something you already know.

With the P4P800 Series, you can set the memory timings manually. To do this, enter the BIOS and go to the "Advanced" tab. Then choose "Chipset". From there, change "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD" to Disabled. This will expand the menu so that you can see all of the individual memory timings:

Cas, Ras Precharge, Ras to Cas Delay, etc.

Keep in mind that if you tighten your memory timings, you may need to up your vdimm voltage (Asus calls this the "DDR Reference Voltage"). You do this on a different page in the BIOS: the "JumperFree Configuration" page under the Advanced tab. While you're here, you should probably lock your AGP/PCI Freq to 66.66/33.33 for safe measure if you haven't already. Also, you can change the memory divider, but with a 1.8GHz proc in there, I doubt you would need to.

I suggest trying loose timings first, and tighten (lower) them as you go, one value at a time. I don't have any experience with your particular brand of memory, but it all comes down to experimentation anyway. Just keep in mind that memory really needs time to burn in, so if a certain setting is unstable, try backing off a little, run some taxing stuff like Prime95 for several hours, and then try tightening again after a day or two or three... you'd be surprised how much speed you can whittle out of your rig.

Good luck!

Goliath

I did manually tweak the ram settings and got it up to

I hope I am posting this right

2-3-3-7 I am at 2.7volts right now. I ran Memtest for 2 1/2 loops and all seemed ok.

Back