• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 1800 should i keep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PimpPickle

I had made a similar thread about this before but didn't get the type of information I needed. Here's my question:

1800 B DLT3C JIUHB 0332 MPMW - GREEN
1800 B DLT3C JIUHB 0329 WPMW - BROWN

The 0329 seems to be eaiser to oc than the 0332. The thing is i have not heard anything bad about the 033x series which makes this all the more confusing.

I'm using
nf7-s 2.0
volcano 7+ w/ as3
kingmax pc3200 @ 2.9v
ennermax 350w

I'm having to get rid of one but I don't know what would be the better choice. The brown one seems easier to use but all i've read about is the praise for the green 033x's

Oh one more thing. It seems that the 033x green needs more voltage to get to spots than the 0329 brown. Should I just get better cooling and give it one more go or what?

Thanks in advance to anyone responding.

The one that requires less voltage will stay cooler and most likely last longer. It also oc's easier,yes. Check a data base and see how each falls in the listings.

Tough call, I've seen conflicting reports saying that newer weeks overclock better and that OLDER weeks clock better. I'd just go with your personal experience and stick with the brown one.

i had a chip with same stepping as your week 32. it could do 2.2ghz at about 1.66-1.68vcore but would not accept any higher vcore. even 1.9 at 2.3ghz wouldn't boot.

my chip's stepping was JIUHB 0332MPMW so exact same as yours.

*edit* yes it was the DLT3C and it was green as well.

cujo said:
i had a chip with same stepping as your week 32. it could do 2.2ghz at about 1.66-1.68vcore but would not accept any higher vcore. even 1.9 at 2.3ghz wouldn't boot.

my chip's stepping was JIUHB 0332MPMW so exact same as yours.

*edit* yes it was the DLT3C and it was green as well.

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah I've had the exact same issue. Was the alarm coming on when you would put it up any higher than that 1.66-1.68 region?

That's the only thing i've heard about those 033x's is that they're not good with taking voltage.

2coop said:
The one that requires less voltage will stay cooler and most likely last longer. It also oc's easier,yes. Check a data base and see how each falls in the listings.

I agree with you and took your advice. It seems that there are more more non 033x's in the data base than normal -- I guess most of the owners just decided to write about it on here then filling out the overclockers database.

PingSpike said:
Tough call, I've seen conflicting reports saying that newer weeks overclock better and that OLDER weeks clock better. I'd just go with your personal experience and stick with the brown one.

Thanks for your feedback. I think i'm going to be keeping the brown one. I can't feed as high voltages into the green one at all. Quite strange.

Back