• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Black not running dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSlinky

OK, here's what I got:

Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3500 Level II Dual Pack

Pentium 4 3.0GHz (800MHz FSB)
Intel 865GBF motherboard
BIOS v. P08

WinXP Pro SP1, currently up to date on all microsoft updates.

I ordered Mushkin brand memory because everyone I spoke with said it was the best stuff around. When it arrived, I promptly popped it into my machine, and without having to tweak or overclock anything, I had 2-2-2-6 timings. Sweet!

Problem is, although the memory does seem to be working, I can't seem to find a way to get it to run in dual channel mode. There's no way to change the memory type, frequency, or mode within the BIOS itself. I set the motherboard's BIOS jumper to configuration, but that didn't do anything to let me play with memory.

The board claims to support dual channel memory, and many people who've boughten this memory are running it in dual channel mode without a problem. Any idea what the problem could be?

[email protected]From NewEgg

what are you using to see if its running dc? did you do any benchmarks?

what are you using to see if its running dc? did you do any benchmarks?

The first thing I did was check it in the BIOS, which claims the memory is being run in single channel mode.

Sandra2004 says that there is only one channel of memory.

I'm going to try and find some other benchmarking utilities, specifically ones concentrating on the RAM. Any suggestions?

Back