• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0C Just Died out of Nowhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxprime

Registered
Only running 1.65 VCore - playing a game and it just died. When I short the power pins the system just sits there, no activity. If I take the proc out + start it up it only keeps power for about a second. Any suggestions? I don't see any motherboard/CPU damage of ANY sort, it all looks mint.

maybe impractical, but if possible, try popping another cpu in there and see if the rest of the system works. if it does u have your culprit :\ that would be sad to see. I hope it isnt the case

I put the chip in another board - the Max3 is definitely the culprit. I was going to RMA it for the VDimm issue to be fixed (I don't like modding motherboards) so it just may all work out in the end.

I've seen that on IC7's and maxes, try totally different sticks of ram, when it boots then put your old one's back. I've had Bad OC's and it just hangs, clearing the CMOS does nothing for it.

Back