• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to absorb the vibration of mag 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ya my mag 3 is sitting inside the case vibrating, i used the bubble wrap which worked at first until they started popping, is there any cheap solution to lessen the vibration movement ?

reference to this magical foam, im trying to find the one thats like a cushion that has spikes you know, but i cant find it @ homedepot, or lowes, prolly i dont know the names, should i try arts and craft shops like michaels ?

before i got akasa acustic foam (good stuff btw) i used two pieces of rubber foam (can be found in computer stuff packaging most of the time.) and an air bubble sheet (big bubbles). Place the bubble sheet in between the foam and it'll should do a great job.

I used three layers of mousepad, and I can't hear a thing, even with the system off.

I mounted my mag3 to the case sandwiching 2 mousepad squares but it vibrated through the bolts. Letting the pump only sit on the mousepad works pretty well. A piece of bubble wrap folded together works better though. I'm planning to suspend it like Ltblue.

hrm.. my friend said he has foam cushion so imma check it out on friday...thanks for suggestions, i used 1 layer of mouse but it vibrated on bottom case

I have a quiet one 1200 but I still wanted something to dampen the noise. I super glued 3 pieces of tube together and then but a tub in half and superglued the 1/2 under that. Basically making a 1.5 tube thick platform for it to sit on.

yo giblet on your disign i dont get the mouse pad how many did you put ok so first mouse pad down and bolted, then piece of aluminium, then again mouse pad and bolt all of em together?

how did you take the thing that has 4 hole mounted originally on the pump out ?

The pump slides and clips on to lock into the 4 hole base. Just look at the back and you should figure out how to unlock and slide it out.

My case is a tight fit so I took that double sided foam tape and put 2 layers down. Then on the third layer i left the paper on the tape (so it wouldn't stick) and that's how it sits in the case. I have 2 long bolts from the bottom of the case to the top of the pump that are attached at the top by a thin piece of metal. Then I have screws to tighten it down and I can't hear a thing.

i have a piece of a closed cell foam rubber stadium seat stuck to the bottom of my case with lots of mounting tape. to attatch my mag3 to it i used industrial strength velcro. it works great at seems to hold very stable (i've been moving it lots and shaking to get rid of bubbles and test the velcro)

cool thanks guys ill try that this weekend and the additional removal of the stupid revits in my case

cool cool thanks for all the response guys ill try my best to find which one is best suited for me, and thanks again for all the help

Back