• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 9600SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camarossguy2

Registered
Got a good deal on the SE version of the radeon 9600. it is an ASUS and i was wonder if there was a way to OC to maybe what the stock pros or XTs are putting out.

all the how tos are only for 9800 9700 and 9500, :(
thanks!

try using rad clocker or 3drage tweaker (overclocking utility and more!), but you may want to get some extra cooling if you wanna read pro or xt speed, becuase the 9600se..is...very..crippled in badwidth and mhz

maybe you can start out with replacing the old thermal paste with some Céramique (sp) something nonconductive. You could always use ascIII or 5 but thats conductive so watch out!! I use some on my g card but a very thin layer that doesnt go outside the gpu. Like i said if your going to use some conductive thermal paste be very carefull...you might fry the card.

The se will never be as fast as the regualr 9600's because it uses 64bit ram as opposed to the 128bit ram of the regualr 9600's and the 256bit ram of the 9700's and up(also includes some 9500np's). The gpu might be able to reach good speeds, but I would never count on being able to turn on eye candy.

For overclocking, I would recomend radclocker, its very simple and easy to use.

Back