• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my monitor flickers, is it because of my psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultimasailing

Registered
hello, i have a pally 1600+, no name mb, one cdrw drive, one dvd rom, one hard drive, generic vid card. my current psu is rated at 250w that i ripped off from a gateway system. Recently my monitor, a viewsonic 17' flickers quite a bit, i did not install anything new or run anything demanding, just surfing the net. dont know if it is my psu.
i wonder if this is any good, from directron http://directron.com/realpcpsu450.html, look sturdy enough, about 20 bucks, what do you think, thanks.

hmmm it flickers? im guessing the refresh rate is really low, unless that is not the problem, go to dispaly properties (right click desktop properties, go to settings tab, click advnaced, go to monitor tab and set the refresh rate the highest it will go, that should fix the flickering, if not, i dont think the psu may cause flickering

but that may be the case, i have never seen a psu make a monitor flicker, but that psu u have is nothing higher than a paper-weight, its only 20 bucks, so its obviously low-quality, and its highly-overrated, all the rails on that psu are total bs and real pc power is a HORRIBLE psu company, i wouldnt give that psu to one of my enemies, its so crappy ill bet that psu isnt even outputting 300w, 450w is just total bs

yes it will be refresh rates I like 100hz its nice setting or it could be cooling

ok so this is what u do check ur refresh rates if there ok then feel ur monitor is it warmer than warm? if so think about un hooking it for a (week on the safe side) and then on the weekend mount a 80mm fan onto it but if u want a nice job then u have open it right up and then mount the fan inside so u cant see it well i dont know to mutch about it so look around
it can be done pics:
http://gallery.pimprig.com/showphoto.php?photo=1495&password=&sort=1&cat=504&page=40

Back