• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Pentium 266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0NeoSpawn0

Hi,

I'm new here. I came across a link on the TechTV site, clicked, and now have some questions if applicable.

I don't know much about computers, just about how to get around with them mainly when it comes to software as a novice, maybe advanced in some areas.

I don't even understand probably half of the terms you all are using, when it comes to comp specifications. So bear with me please.

Currently, I am running a P266 (MMX?) and was wondering if I could overclock it in any way? I have tried using the little switches on the mobo using the directions on the casing. Well, I guess, I didn't know what I was doing because it ended up jumpin' it down to a 133 when I was trying to acheive 333 speed. So I had to back track right to where I began.

Any suggestions, advice, or comments in general would be much appreciated even if you don't feel like wasting your energy and just want to guide me to a site with the info.

:cool: PEACE :cool:

Welcome to the forums!

You could start by reading some of the beginner guides, just lurking around and reading the stickies will help you understand things a bit better too.

If you just want to give it a try we're gonna need a bit more info, like the brand/type of your MOBO (MOBO=MOtherBOard).
If you're not sure what MOBO you have (maybe it isn't printed on the PCB (PCB=Printed Circuit Board)) you could have a look here.

Keep in mind that good cooling is one of the most important things and that overclocking is not w/o risks.

Back