• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You can still get 'em... ZZF and SL6Z3's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albuquerque

Thought I would let everyone know: I ordered a 2.4C from Zip Zoom Fly on Friday (Jan 9th) and received it yesterday afternoon (13th) and it was indeed the vaunted SL6Z3.

3328Axxx batch, 11/17/03 pack date. Posts at 3.4ghz on stock voltage and stock cooling; haven't tried more as it will require that I knock myself down to a 3:2 mem ratio.

Reporting in . . . I got two SL6Z3's from them as well.

Received the first one last week, and just got the 2nd one today.

Both are FPO/Batch # 3335A407, pack date 11/21/03.

The first one is prime-stable @ 12x296 with 1.7 vcore in my vcore-droopy P4C800-E Deluxe. Running it now @ 12x292 with 1.6v.

Haven't tried the 2nd one yet, hoping it does same or better.

skane--- what were your results with the 2nd m0? any good? i am currently looking for an m0 that will do 292+ fsb PRIME STABLE. I have 2 m0's now that both seem to top out around 280fsb.

PM me if you want to sell one.:D

Were you prime stable @ 3.4 stock V? I could hit the same on stock volt, but took 1.6 to be some what prime stable. Now @ 3.6 on 1.625 more like 1.6 tho (yea max3). Let me know how yours turns out.

LuckMan212 said:
skane--- what were your results with the 2nd m0? any good? i am currently looking for an m0 that will do 292+ fsb PRIME STABLE. I have 2 m0's now that both seem to top out around 280fsb.

if you are trying to run 5:4 ..have you done the vdimm mod...if not that would be holding you back as you need the mem to run 240mhz at 300FSB 5:4 which it won't do at 2.85V

yea I did the vdimm mod. I am currently using 3.05v on my mushkins.. (check sig) I am getting some OCZ pc3700 golds today so I will try those to see if its my ram or my CPU that's limiting me here....

LuckMan212 said:

The 2nd M0 was a disappontment. It was the exact same FPO/Batch and pack date as the first M0. This 2nd chip would boot and screenshoot at 300 FSB with stock vcore, but failed miserably in P95 TT. It would fail with reboots and freezes, rather than throwing P95 errors. I reseated it 3 times thinking it was a heat problem, and monitored temps through testing; no go. I tested it down to the 280's range, then decided to dump it; no longer have it. Problems were definitely isolated to the cpu... after testing the 2nd M0, I popped my 1st M0 back in and no problems.

Last edited:
hmmm interesting indeed that they were the same batch & pack but so drastically different in terms of OC. hmmm!!:eek:

anyway, does anyone know if the 2.4C's at ZZF are m0 stepping? I keep hearing that lots of people around mid-December to mid-January were getting m0's, but I wonder if that continues to be the case at this point....

please comment if anyone has gotten an m0 recently (last 5-7 days) from ZZF (or newegg...)

grrrr

:mad:
well I just got my OCZ PC3700 EL Gold DC kit and popped it in, hoping it would let me bust my 3.35ghz (279fsb) barrier but --- nope!!!:mad:

I guess my Mushkin's weren't holding me back after all-- but in fact it was my CPU. grrrrrrr...... well I've been thru 3 different Z3 m0's already, and the best one I got maxxed out at 3.35 (prime stable). I really want to run 292/3.5ghz that is my goal. I plan to buy another batch of M0's soon but I am debating whether to order from NEWEGG or ZipZoomFly (ZZF)

PLEASE I beg, anyone gotten m0's in the last few days from either of these guys post back over here before I plunk down another $500 for 3 more procs to play with!:cool:

thanks!!:p

I know the ZZF has a special section of M0 steppings, and they charge accordingly... newegg also posts the stepping, nothing special though

Arkangyl, do you have a link to either the ZZF m0's or the newegg? I searched and couldn't find it....

Last edited:
Arkangyl said:
I know the ZZF has a special section of M0 steppings, and they charge accordingly... newegg also posts the stepping, nothing special though

No, at the date/time of this post, neither ZZF or Newegg differentiates between 2.4C w/regard to stepping, and never have.

well I just ordered a Z3 m0 from memorylabs, a 2.4c (who knows what stepping) from newegg, and another unknown 2.4c from ZipZoom.... hope they are good ones... I need to get over 279fsb I am sick of it.... ya hear me.... sick of it!!!

I need 3.5+ ghz!!!!!!:D

Well, took the plunge and ordered my 2.4c from Newegg.

It should arrive this Thursday. I'll let you know what it turns out to be....

I just ordered the 2.4C from NewEgg last week for a friend, it was an SL6Z3 also. We didn't push it past 2.8 yet, as his new case came with no fans:rolleyes:. I gave him a spare one, and we ordered 2 panaflos, so we'll put those in and see what this baby can do!

I ordered a SL6Z3 from ZZF on 1/28 received it on 1/30 and didnt specify what stepping I wanted and did in fact receive an MO that I had P95 stable at 3440 but then I had to give the ocz pc4000 back to my wife :( and now I'm stuck with just one stick of infenion till I win the lottery.

Back