• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP and Yahoo Messanger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I'm facing real bad experincing with yahoo messanger in my windows XP machine. Whenever I download and isntall it it carshed and stops the service. I done afrsh inssaltion and tried but no avail. But few weeks back I manged to run without any hickups. Can anyone tell me is there any known bug with yahoo messanger or any new fixes out there to apply. I really don't find any info or help in the yahoo web site for this.

* Hope this is the correct place to post this message if not bare with my mistake.

This is very strange looks lik eI'm the only person who have came across probs with yahoo messanger in windows XP. Well I even mail to yahoo and they say remove the background services and try to install and see, but I couldn't do it due a strange problem. When I try to kill the services especially the svchost.exe services (there are 4 showing in my machine) my machine get the famous 60 seconds machine shutdwon screen. I ran the blaster worm removal tool and even applied the ms patch for rps probs. But no viruses found but again when i kill them machine gets restarted withing 60 seconds. Can this be a virus or is it auto generated by the windows? Hope somewill have the answer till I search it in the web.

Back