• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2700 but it says 266?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilveR5656

Registered
Which ram is better?

ignore the title since i figured it out......so please read on.....

my current gaming computer has 512 of corsair ram 2700.....would it be better to put in 2x512 of another ram (i dont know what it is since when i bought it it had heat sinks on em) but i know they are also 2700.....

Last edited:
Are you asking is 2x512 better then 1x512?

Also could you give some info for you system.

Mobo, cpu, psu, etc setting.

Pc2700 will limilt you to around a 200fsb depending on timing and voltage.

yeh, silver, if you're running 1 512 module, another would benefit you, plus you'll get a lil dual channel action.

just make sure they're the exact same modules / same double sided /single, etc.

lol sorry guys i was really tired when i posted. ok heres the longer explanation.

friend gave me his computer (2.4 533 with soyo mb with 1gig of 2700 ram which he doesnt know what brand it is but it has gold vantec heat sinks on ). i plan on selling this computer

my current rig (abit it7max ver2, 2.53, 512 corsair 2700, dual 120 maxtors, dru500a, 9700pro). i have another comp on the way (dell)

should i put my corsair from the 2.53 and put it in the 2.4 and put the gig of ram from the 2.4 into my gaming 2.53?

or should i put the gig into the new dell coming since it supports dual channel?

or should i just sell the 2.4 w/o ram and have 1.5 gigs in my gaming rig? =P

bleh im so confused what to do....all this free/cheap stuff dumped on me once its making me think in circles.

what would you guys do since i have to sell the 2.4?

Just make the best out of what you have try different configures and see what you get. 1 stick , 2 sticks, 3 sticks and see which way you like running it. I think the 2.4 will overclock higher but then again you never know try both and see which is better pick the better setup out of all of it.

Off to bed

Back