• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

hi
i whant to overclock 1700+ athlon xp with asus a7n8x v2 ram pc 3200 sumsung
11*200 --> ok
11.5*200--->no
12/12.5*200-->no
vcore at 1.91
memory tinming 7-5-5-3t (2.9)
205*11-->ok
anythings more -->no
i have question what must i do to overclock more this system?
who hung up memeory or cpu
why i cant boot at
12.5*200 with vcore 1.9 and memory 2.9?
Thanks

it's a possibility you might be at your ceiling for what your cpu can do.

you're running the latest bios on your mobo and you've tried upping your voltage I'm assuming ?

i have the lastest bios and set the voltage to the max
i think 2 that the cpu can t do better
can any one confirm this?

To find out if it is your memory, reduce your multiplier and see how high your FSB goes before you run into problems.

Also, which power supply do you have? Running a high overclock demands a good PSU to deliver adequate and stable voltages.

When I changed one 350W PSU (Enermax) with another one (Fortron) I gained a 100 Mhz OC at the same voltages.

hi
i can run fsb with other cpu barton 2500+ upto 223 but non stable due memory
i HAVE codegen 300w

2 things - your cpu maybe quite close to the limit at 2.3ghz plus your 300w psu might be giving you low voltages on the 5 and 12v rails resulting in instability.

Yeah that's a cheapo PSU, it might give out with major overclocking taking out a few other components like your hard drive with it.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I had a better PSU than that.

thanks alot i will update my psu as soon as possible to 350 w this be much better than the old one i have only 1 had drive and one cd-rom

makaka said:
thanks alot i will update my psu as soon as possible to 350 w this be much better than the old one i have only 1 had drive and one cd-rom

I think they were referring to the brand of the PSU not
the advertised wattage.

A brand with a great track record is much more important than
higher wattage or amperage numbers as they don't
necessarily result in increased stability.

Yes, watts are not what you look for in a good PSU, brand is because many PSU manufacturers list specs that do not reflect true capabilities of their products so all info on the PSU label doesn't mean much except for the brand, just look for the brand:

All Antecs (Channel Well) are good (Antec True Power is better), Fortron (Sparkle), Sirtec (Enlight, Vantec, Thermaltake), or more expensive Herolchi (Heroichi), PC Power and Cooling, or not as good but not dangerous HEC, TTGI, Zalman (Aopen).

makaka said:
hi
i whant to overclock 1700+ athlon xp with asus a7n8x v2 ram pc 3200 sumsung
11*200 --> ok
11.5*200--->no
12/12.5*200-->no
vcore at 1.91
memory tinming 7-5-5-3t (2.9)
205*11-->ok
anythings more -->no
i have question what must i do to overclock more this system?
who hung up memeory or cpu
why i cant boot at
12.5*200 with vcore 1.9 and memory 2.9?
Thanks

Do note that, at least as far as I've seen, the BIOS will show you FSB speeds BEFORE DDR is taken into effect.

I.E. an Athlon @ say 1400mhz on a 200mhz bus will show up in the BIOS as 100mhz with a 14x clock ratio. (Whacked out numbers there but you get the idea.) If your BIOS says it's running at 200mhz FSB, your processor is trying to run at 400mhz. Well, I shouldn't say that for certain. I suppose your mobo could be different, however that is the norm I've been seeing.

Back