• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Problems!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeg3957

I just bought a ic-7g max3 motherboard. I have two 160gb western digital harddrives. I am using two serillel2 converters and connecting them to sata 1 and sata 2 (intels raid). I have got the computer to create a raid array using intel config (control-i) and then installed the drivers from the floppy before installing windows. I have installed windows and it worked fine. When I reset my computer it still works fine. When I turn my computer off and then on again, when it gets to the intel sata config screen where it tells you to press control-i, it says I am missing one of the harddrives. I press control-i and go into the config screen and press make drives seperate from raid. Then a screen comes up saying that it has found my other harddrive and to enter yes if you want to set up the previous raid array. After that it all works fine until I turn off my computer again. Is there something in the bios I need to change or should I take these hard drives back and get some new ones? I don't really want to go too the intel sata config setup everytime I turn my computer off and on. Please help.

Zeg

p4 2.4c (not overclocked yet)
ic-7 max3
2x 512 corsair ddr500
thermalright heatsink slk-947u
2 x 160gb 7200rpm 8mb western digital in raid 0
ati 9800 pro
kingwin case
true 430 antec power supply

zeg,

did you ever find a solution to your missing hard drive problem ? I've got an ic7-max3 & am seeing the exact same thing with 2 x 160GB Seagate Sata drives.

I did some searches & saw that a few people seem to have this issue with this motherboard but couldn't find a posting with a solution yet.

Back