• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVC.com shipped me a free replacement Arctic Cooler for my ATi!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
All I can say is WOW! :D :D

These guys are just awesome! My "tension bar" on the back of my SVC.com artic cooler broke the other day when I took it off to install some copper BGA sinks on my card. When I went to re-install the cooler I heard a loud "snap!" I thought oh man I just cracked mt R360 core!!! But it wasnt' the core....it was the little metal "tension bar" that runs through the blue plastic housing on the back of the card. I looked closely at it and sure enough....there are 2 wide cracks on either side of the metal tension bar. It didn't hurt my card any and the cooler is still performing well, I monitor my temps through Riva Tuner. The tension bar wont' make it through another install though. I sent SVC.com a e-maill waited a few days and sent them another e-maill and they replied today stating that my replacement cooler (a whole new Arctic cooler) has been shipped today!!! Wow! These guys are the greatest!!!

Here is my e-mail!

Kraig,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the SVC Team for this delay.
We are sending you a new vga silencer. You should get an email with
the tracking number today.

Best Regards,
Rodney Wang
SVC.com

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:04:18 -0800
"Kraig Neet" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello, is anyone going to answer me?! I sent this original message on the 10th. Your silence in this matter is very disconscerning to
me. If money is the problem and thats why you are keeping silent, I will gladly pay for the replacement part...the little blue plastic back part and tension bar. Thanks, Kraig Neet
> ----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 11:07 AM
Subject: Broken tension bar on SVC Artic Cooler.

Hello, my name is Kraig Neet and I purchased a SVC.com Arctic Cooler from you over a month ago (i lost my invoice). I re-applied some Arctic Silver 5 to core and when I was tightening down the "tension bar" with the 2 screws at either end it broke with a loud snap! My video card is running fine with the cooler but the "tension bar" that runs through the blue plastic housing is cracked all the way on both sides through the sides of it to the flat part of the bar. I followed the directions to the tee. I tighted both ends down to where the screws were snug on the little rubber standoffs. I did not tighten it to the point of smashing the rubber standoffs....just to th epoint to where it is snug. I do not want to RMA the cooler...I just would like the back part of it....the blue pastic part that has the "metal tension bar" with it. The Arctic cooler is running fine right now but if I need to remove it for some reason, the "tension bar" will not be able survive another application.

Thank you, Kraig Neet

Yeah, SVC are a great bunch of guys. Definately one of the better vendors out there. Its nice to see a little personality used in the emails to the customer instead of the obviously canned stuff you usually get. If I didn't know better, I'd say the site was run by one guy who handled all the customer service stuff. He seems to actually give a damn about repeat business.

I ordered some cables and a UV light from svc.com and when I got the uv light it would not work so I emailed svc and they emailed me back and said they would just send me a new one with out me having to sent the broke one back. That is the kind of things that make you want to order from them again. Even though it is not a big item it is nice not have to send something back.

Sirius said:
I ordered some cables and a UV light from svc.com and when I got the uv light it would not work so I emailed svc and they emailed me back and said they would just send me a new one with out me having to sent the broke one back. That is the kind of things that make you want to order from them again. Even though it is not a big item it is nice not have to send something back.

Yeah bro! I am thinking the same thing. I am really impressed with SVC.com and thier customer service!!

SVC.com gets a :thup: :thup: :thup: from ol' kraggy!

Back