• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing order?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it is an AMD system i would keep tight timings on P4 systems timings are important but not as important. First when you overclock keep ram at 1:1 and go for a high FSB with a low multiplyer then up the multiplyer to as high as it will go, uping voltages as needed (but not to excessive points). Then fidle with the FSB and multiplyer to try to get a good speed and ram speed.

Test often with some sort of benching program. Speed isn't everything just like FSB isn't everything. Test to find the highest scores you can get.

I say that it depends on what you overclock. If you push the FSB higher, and that in turn pushes your RAM, your RAM will not be able to work at the same timings.

If, on the other hand, you only change the multiplier on the CPU and leave the fsb the same, you can go ahead and play with the timings first.

If it were me, I would OC the CPU first. See how much speed you can get using the fsb and multipliers. Then work on your RAM and finaly, your video card. That's just me though.

Back